July 21, 2020
Dear Beloved Congregants:
I am writing you this letter to update you on our spiritual community from your Board of Trustees and our Co-Ministers. I would like to sincerely express how blessed and grateful we are to have such a great community of congregants. During these challenging times we Divinely Order our own spiritual nourishment (separately and together).
Your staff at UOTO has been working diligently to keep our community thriving during this unfamiliar time and here are several ways we are serving and making this church work for you:
- UOTO has a few new part-time employees – Nick Mattera, Office Administrator. Janet Jaso is on Medical Leave – let us affirm that she is Healed, Whole, and Healthy. Julian Ros is working in the social media domain to keep us current and progressive in cyber space. Graham Ros will be taking over as A/V Coordinator (Sunday Service) for Eric Juels when we come back to the sanctuary.
- We currently have our CPA and Bookkeeper on contract as needed on a monthly basis. Our non-profit checking/bill payer, and monthly bookkeeping is on a computer QuickBooks program. Our financial investments are professionally monitored by Juan Ros and his company. Our Church is now using Breeze Church Management system on our computer. UOTO office has established billing and church information on our computer systems to meet the needs of our future.
- We recently have been blessed by a new Legacy gift from a congregant who transitioned several years ago. These special gifts will keep this spiritual community prosperous and give us an opportunity to have our own church facility in the future. If you are interested in Legacy gifts for UOTO – Please contact the church office.
- UOTO has requested for a rent reduction during this pandemic period from the Conejo Valley Masonic Center. They have given us 41.3% decrease in rent from April until the end of this year. Thanks to the Masons for being understanding.
- The Sunday Services could not happen without a “village” helping to make it take place. Both-Ministers, the music team, and office staff keep the Sunday service a special event every week. Special admiration and appreciation goes out to Sherry Hursey and Rick Cowling for the production of such a fabulous Sunday service – every week! The Board, Ministers, and office staff meet at least twice a week by zoom meeting to coordinate the church’s direction.
- Currently we have virtual Sunday Service and fellowship each week. A course in Miracles meets via Zoom every Monday. The Book Club meets every month. Facebook is kept current with weekly announcements and past videos/ talks going back several years. “The Bible Hangout” with Reverend Sherri meets every Thursday @ 7pm on Zoom. “Inspiration Wednesdays” with Stacy Ros is @ 12:30 pm on Facebook Live.
- We are still involved with many community projects that are “on hold” through this pandemic period. UOTO – still is a member of the Conejo Valley Interfaith Council. Our Social Action Ministry, Youth and Family Ministry, Ambassadors and Hospitality have been active in some form or another to assist the church through this period of sequestering. Our wonderful Prayer Chaplin’s and Ministers have continued to make the extra effort to call and pray monthly. The prayer ministry along with the ambassadors, board members and hospitability has made sure that contact has been made with congregants as needed.
To all the wonderful congregants that have kept the donations and love offerings flowing into the church – Thank You – Thank You – Thank You! We are a great and wonderful community – – – How can we serve you better in these challenging times? Please contact the Unity of the Oaks at the office by phone or email.
Richard D. Guyer, President
Board of Trustees
Unity of the Oaks, Inc.
P.S. To allow us to continue our church community, please consider a gift to Unity of the Oaks. Simply go to our website, UnityoftheOaks.org to donate on the upper right side of the Home page.