August 1, 2021
Hello Unity of the Oaks Family!
What a remarkable summer it’s been! We’ve been meeting under the oaks and it’s been wonderful! Thank you to everyone who has joined us. If you haven’t had a chance to join us under the oaks for Sunday service, we encourage you to make time.
Unity of the Oaks continues to grow and evolve. We have two openings to fill: Sunday Service Coordinator and Childcare Worker. If you or someone you know would like to join our team, please direct them to our Office Administrator, Tesa Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to complete an application.
Also, we will be resuming our Sunday School classes this Fall. If you, or someone you know, would like to be a Sunday school teacher, please contact Stacy at email@example.com. Everything will be provided and you will be fully trained!
There’s a beautiful quote from Anais Nin: “My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to find peace with exactly who and what I am. To take pride in my thoughts, my appearance, my talents, my flaws and to stop this incessant worrying that I can’t be loved as I am.” May you always know that God loves you as you are. You cannot become more lovable for you are at peak loveable-ness as you are!
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Our Summer Concert is coming up on August 6th! Join us at Rick and Sherry’s house from 6:30-9pm for socialization, wine, food, and wonderful music from our Music Ministry! Tickets are limited, so get yours now using the link in the e-letter or Breeze. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org There will also be a silent auction and raffle!
- Grief Group – Join us on the 4th Sunday of August where we will look at all loss, not just loss of a loved one. It is on a love offering basis and is being held at Snapdragon Healing Center, just down the street from the church. Sign-up using the email in the weekly newsletter, by contacting the Unity office or by contacting Valarie Kobabe.
- Walk-and-talk – 8/21 at 9am with Rev. Sherri at the Conejo Creek South Park Bike Path. This is a flat path that is appropriate for all ages. It takes about 30 minutes to walk the path at a moderate pace. We’ll take our time so slower walkers should feel encouraged to join us. We’ll be done before it gets super hot!
- We are still looking to rebuild our Ambassador team: Do you enjoy greeting our Unity friends and welcoming new visitors? While we hold outside services, we are in need of individuals willing to help with setting up chairs and greeting congregants. Contact the office if this sacred service speaks to you.
- SEE Courses – Aug 23th – 27th Stacy will facilitate a course on prosperity from 9:00 AM -11:00 AM and a self-awareness course from 11:15 AM – 1:15 PM. For those interested, SEE credits may be obtained. Sign up for these courses are available now through the weekly e-letter or on Breeze.
- Sign up on Breeze or through our weekly e-letter for a powerful 10-week course on prosperity, starting in September. Get ready to change your abundance consciousness! Now that’s true FREEDOM!
To all the wonderful congregants and friends that have kept the donations and love offerings flowing into the church, thank you. Thank You. THANK YOU!
Thank you for being a part of our spiritual community and a part of our Unity of the Oaks family! We love you, we bless you, we truly appreciate you and we behold the Divine Being you are!
Many blessings to all of you!
Co-Spiritual Leaders of Unity of the Oaks
Rev. Sherri James
Stacy Macris Ros, Licensed Unity Teacher and Certified Spiritual Educator